An incredibly easy barbecue treat, be sure to marinate for two hours for best results!
Beef Kebabs with Onion and Red Peppers
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (45 ml)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (45 ml)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried oregano flakes
- 1½ pounds sirloin tip steak, or inside round beef (740 gm)
- 1 – 2 medium yellow onions, skinned, quartered and separated
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1″ (2 cm) square chunks
- bamboo skewers (soak in water for an hour)
Cut beef into 1½” (3 cm) cubes and thread onto bamboo skewers, alternating each chunk of beef with a piece of red pepper or a slice of onion.
Place completed skewers in a large casserole and cover with the marinade mixture.
Allow to sit for two hours, refrigerate if leaving for a longer time.
Barbecue over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness, turning frequently.
Baste with left-over marinade while cooking.